Saturday, February 24th–Saturday, March 2nd, 2024
Location: Kirpal Meditation & Ecological Center, Pahoa, Hawai’i
Nourish your body and mind through mindful practice of yoga, movement, and meditation.
Welcome healing into your life.
Slow down and disconnect from distractions and busyness.
Reconnect and realign with your inner wisdom.
Nourish your body and mind through mindful practice of yoga, movement, and meditation.
Reconnect and Restore: A Mindful Yoga and Nature Immersion in Hawai’i with Alix Northup is a therapeutic and nourishing experience of restoration and exploration in a peaceful, natural setting.
Join Alix this February for a small group retreat container of respite and refuge from the ever increasingly distracted and fast paced parts of our lives in the world today.
“My mind and body always have a great sense of calm after your classes which typically carry over to the next morning. The slow movements and deep breathing are just so helpful. Thanks so much!”
– Vinay Prasad
With Alix’s yoga therapeutics background, combined with her knowledge of anatomy as a massage therapist, each retreat movement session will include:
- Active and restorative therapeutic yoga poses
- Somatic movements to address specific areas of your body
- Gentle, facilitated inner listening
- Guided learning about your own body and unique alignment
- Modifications for various poses to deepen your personal practice
Unlearn unhealthy postural patterns and learn new ways of moving and being that enliven your highest self.
This retreat is open to all levels and physical limitations.
Practices include standing poses, sitting, and movements on the floor.
Various props will be used and personalized modifications will be provided.
Experience the space and time to soak in the effects of your practice through free time to rest, relax, journal, explore the property, visit the nearby beaches, or swim in a thermal pond.
Gather, connect, and share together in a magical and intentionally intimate space and experience the depth of being immersed in your practice and nature while being on retreat at an off-grid, solar powered ecological community and organic farm.
This retreat IS for you, if you are:
- Interested in yoga, travel, nature, adventure, meditation
- Curious and open to what this unique off-grid and remote location has to offer
- Seeking a place of quiet and simplicity that still includes wifi, flushing toilets, instant hot water, and electricity in every room
- Looking for a small group setting where you will receive personalized adjustments and modifications that best suit your needs
This retreat is NOT for you, if:
- You want a fast paced or power vinyasa yoga practice instead of active and restorative therapeutic yoga poses
- Eating plant-based and gluten-free meals for a week prepared by professional chefs doesn’t match your dietary needs
- You are looking for a luxury resort experience rather than a self-sustainable community that nurtures Spiritual growth
- Sleeping to the noises of the jungle does not sound restful
- You would rather have cocktails and wine each night rather than ocean breezes on your evening stroll through a 10-acre organic orchard
This retreat includes:
- Roundtrip ground transportation to/from Hilo International Airport*
- 7 nights lodging at Kirpal Meditation & Ecological Center
- 2x daily Mindful Yoga and movement practices, Yoga Nidra, and Meditation sessions
- Plant-based and gluten-free meals prepared by professional chefs
- Free time to explore the property, visit the nearby soaking thermal pools and new black sand beaches, or enjoy your personal practice
*Ground transportation included if arriving/departing Feb 24 and March 2, 2024
This retreat does not include:
- Airfare to/from Hilo International Airport
- Gratuity for the wonderful staff
- Travel insurance (We recommend Travelex insurance)
- Optional group excursion (Details to be determined depending on group interest)
Kirpal Meditation and Ecological Center offers a wonderful spiritual uplifting environment to heal and grow.
Located a half mile from the beach, this sanctuary has access to swimming, fresh fruits, thermal ponds and the newest black sand beach in the world created by the 2018 lava flow.
A short drive from Hilo International Airport, Kirpal Meditation and Ecological Center [KMEC] is a 10-acre organic orchard with over 30 different trees planted with the intention to provide food and healing.
The Yoga Hale was designed to blend with the beautiful nature around it.
From the front you can see the ocean and new lava fields, and from downward dog you can see our fruit orchard behind you. All the sounds of nature are incorporated in the open air studio.
The fresh trade winds will keep you feeling exhilarated throughout the class. The hale (Hawaiian; pronounced Hah-Lay; meaning: building, pavilion, house or meeting place) has more than 1000 square feet of floor space so everyone can stretch out.
The Balinese Meditation Pavilion is open 24 hours a day for prayer, yoga, or solitude. Custom-made in Bali, it is a very holy and special place for prayer and reflection, including an ocean view.
The KMEC cabins have all been built by hand and are designed to be in harmony with the trees and nature surrounding them.
KMEC is a fully integrated with state-of-the-art solar power and water purification systems, yet still has all the features of any “on-grid” facility, including:
- Free WiFi
- Normal flush toilets
- Instant hot water
- Full electricity in each room
This ensures you are comfortable and never feel like you are “off-grid” living.
KMEC ammenties include:
- Fresh linens, blankets and towels
- Full service laundry facility
- Comfortable beds
- Free wireless internet service
- Ocean views over the orchard
- Sound of the surf in the distance
- Salt water swimming in thermal warm ponds just a half mile away at Isaac Hale Park
- Safe, peaceful, healing ambiance with many flowering plants
- Freshest air on the planet from the fragrant Trade Winds
- Clear and beautiful star gazing
Reserve Your Spot
Single Occupancy: $1,850–$3,100
Double Occupancy: $1,750–$2,500
A $500 nonrefundable deposit is required to secure your spot
EASY PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE
For full details on room options and to reserve your spot
Alix Northup, Your Retreat Guide
Alix began her path of yoga as a teenager when her mom brought her to a yoga class as an alternative treatment for her scoliosis.
She believes the path of yoga is accessible to all people as a means of healing and inner exploration.
Alix is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 500 hour level. Her teaching reflects over twenty years of experience and study through various teachers and traditions of yoga, movement, bodywork, and meditation.
As a licensed massage therapist, Alix brings a deep understanding of anatomy and alignment into her teaching and hands on adjustments. She greets each class with a fresh eye, using modifications of poses and props as needed to meet the individual needs and level of each student.
Alix’s classes combine elements of meditation along with carefully sequenced active and restorative yoga poses, unwinding movements and pranayama (breathwork), with the overall intention of bringing mindfulness into the yoga experience on and off the mat.
Alix is based in Portland, OR and offers group classes, private sessions, workshops, and retreats both locally and internationally including multiple trips to Nepal, Costa Rica, and Iceland. She specializes in yoga therapeutics, specifically backcare and scoliosis.
Alix finds inspiration and solace in nature and spends her free time exploring the outdoors along with her cattle dog companion, Peya, through rock climbing, hiking, skiing, and surfing.
Meghan Bursiek, Retreat Coordinator
Meghan (she/her) weaves together her whole systems design training, feminist spirituality practice, and two decades of event production into an easy and supportive retreat registration experience.
Got questions about the retreat?
Email Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Alix’s yoga retreat in Costa Rica was a good balance of meditation and yoga practice. Alix started each day with heart opening readings, meditation, and walking meditation. The yoga was a good combination of active movement, stretching, Hatha, and restorative. We closed each day with yoga Nidra. It was a week of spiritual growth and physical strengthening, a very positive experience. I truly appreciated and enjoyed the retreat. Thank you for the gift of your leadership and talent.” –Barb
“Everything was great…the accommodations. the food, the ambiance. The best part was Alix’s thoughtful, gentle practice with all of us. I would not change anything. I would go again.” –Jan M
“Alix is wonderful. She is calm, considerate, and has the perfect energy to be leading the mindful trips that she does. I am so grateful to her for everything she taught me, and for organizing our trip to be in such a sublime locale. Our hosts at Coastal Mountain Sports Haus were over-the-top wonderful in caring for us. They made incredible meals and gave us a lovely experience in every way. It was a privilege to be on this trip.” –Katie M
Ready to Reconnect and Restore in Hawai’i?
For more info on REGISTRATION, PAYMENTS, SCHEDULE, and PACKING visit our FAQ page